The Kalkee Road Children’s and Community Hub - which is currently being constructed on a green field site in Horsham North - will provide Horsham and district residents with integrated children's and family services from a brand new, purpose-built venue.
The 1,120 (approx) square metre building is set to become a central community hub with a range of health, education and support services all available under the one roof.
What is an integrated hub?
An integrated hub provides services that are easy to access (under one roof), more efficient (one reception, one phone number), comprehensive and coordinated (many services working together).
Integrating services has been show to deliver huge benefits to children and families, due to:
- Easier to access for families to services
- Service providers being better informed about families enabling them to cater their service and make referrals according to individual needs
- Services being able to work together to benefit individuals
- Parents being more informed, with a range of staff on hand to answer questions or address concerns
- Families having the capacity to build stronger social networks, with many people accessing the one centre
- More opportunity for early diagnosis of developmental delays
- More professionals working together for the best outcomes for your family
What services will be at the Hub?
The Kalkee Road Children's and Community Hub will have a range of services including Maternal and Child Health Nurses, long day care and sessional kindergarten. Other services in the hub may include supported playgroup, toy library, visiting specialists and early intervention services.
The schematic design of the facility combines a range of multi-use areas including:
- A large multipurpose space - will have regular scheduled use for playgroups, toy library and immunisation sessions and will also provide a community shared space available for booking for activities such as community meetings and events, business conferences, training sessions and young parents groups.
- Consulting/interview rooms, a meeting room and shared working space, three interview and consulting rooms and a large shared work space to be used by Maternal and Child Health Services and a range of services new to the Horsham North area such as private professional services, early childhood intervention/allied health services; parenting groups; counselling services; and adult education programs.
- Reception/Administration - public amenities including accessible and baby change facilities.
- Children’s Services - delivered in four rooms of varying sizes, with an overall licence for 93 children. The rooms are adjoining and designed to open up for group activities and special events. Programs delivered will include kindergarten and child care.
Plans and other documents are available to download via the following links:
Proposed Site Plan Proposed Floor Plan Proposed perspective from Kalkee Rd
Additional perspective images below:
Updates on the Kalkee Road Children's and Community Hub will be published in the 'Whats happeing at the Hub?' newsletter which can be downloaded here. Further information on the progress of the project can be read or downloaded here. Alternatively, please phone Cassandra Kelly on 0418 661 243.