Powered by OrdaSoft!
Font Size

A pensioner concession on your rates is available upon application to eligible pensioners for their principal place of residence.

The pensioner concession for the 2017-18 year is capped to a maximum concession of $223.80 for Rates and $50.00 for the Fire Services Property Levy.

Eligibility for Concession on Municipal Rates and Charges

You could be eligible for a concession on your municipal rates and charges if you have:

  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Dept of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
  • DVA Gold Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
  • DVA Gold Card – War Widow (WW)
  • Use the link below to view a full list of concessions, benefits and assistance available to Victorians.

DHS Concessions

To claim a concession on your rates and charges you must ensure that:

  •  Ÿ You have one of the eligible concession cards and it is valid at the time of application, and
  • Ÿ  You are the person responsible for payment of the account, and
  • Ÿ  Your name is on the account, and
  • Ÿ  Your name and address on the account matches that on the concession card.

To claim a concession on your rates you will need to complete an application form at the Council Offices and present your current concession card. Having been granted a rate concession, no further applications are required unless you change your residential address.

If your pensioner concession card entitlement ceases and you become ineligible for a rate concession you should advise the Council as soon as possible.

Centrelink Centrepay deductions are available - Council reference 555-054-842S 

Municipal Rates Concession Application Form

Back to top

icon council