Wimmera Deaf Access
The Deaf Access Program is a 12 month project grant position funded through the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Horsham Rural City Council has entered into an agreement with the City of Ballarat to deliver the program in the following five Local Government Areas:
- Northern Grampians to Stawell
- West Wimmera
The Deaf Access program is tasked with increasing the range of opportunities available to those that are deaf or hard of hearing in our community to:
- enable participation in and benefit from the same community activities and mainstream services as everyone else
- work to ensure that they are connected and have the information they need to make decisions and choices
- enhance and build the skills so that they have the confidence and capacity to participate and contribute to the community and to protect their own rights
- enable them to actively contribute to leading, shaping and influencing the community
Externally funded through: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/.
The deaf access worker can be contacted via email email@example.com, mobile text 0437 167 125 or TTY Dial 133 677, then ask for 03 5382 9533.