Horsham Rural City Council have been funded to provide surveillance and control activities within the municipality to respond to an increase in mosquito numbers following the 2016 Spring Floods and the rise of Mosquito Borne diseases such as Ross River Virus within the municipality.
Activities that are being conducted are:
- Mosquito larvae dipping of potential breeding sites
- Trapping of Adult Mosquitos within the municipality
- Treatment of mosquito breeding sites within the municipality
What can you do at home?
- Wear loose-fitting clothing when outdoors. Cover up as much as possible
- Use mosquito repellent that contains picaridin or DEET on all exposed skin
- Make sure your accommodation is mosquito proof
- Make sure there is no stagnant water around your home. Tip out any stagnant water or treat with larvacide if not able to remove
For more information please visit the Better Health Channel's Beat the Bite website.