Horsham South has been experiencing unplanned and uncoordinated development. As a result this has placed pressure on services and infrastructure, created land use conflicts and affected the character of the area.
A Structure Plan is a planning tool that provides a ‘blueprint’ for how localised development within a defined area will occur beyond the 20-year horizon. For Horsham South a Structure Plan is needed to ensure that the area develops in a coordinated way.
A Structure Plan will:
- address infrastructure needs such as traffic and transport connectivity
- plan and deliver sewer, water and drainage in a sequenced way
- avoid land use conflicts and development limitations
- protect valued characteristics and culturally sensitive places
- identify the need for community facilities, amenity and local convenience retail
The Structure Plan will also guide the assessment of planning permit applications and amendments to the Horsham Planning Scheme.