City to River
This project provides a suite of transformative projects that aim to improve, revitalise and link Horsham's Central Activity District (CAD) and the Wimmera Riverfront Precinct; making Horsham a more attractive place to live, work, visit and invest.
Council encourages everyone to have a say. All feedback will help inform the final Masterplan presented to Council.
Individual maps in print friendly form:
Overall Map(PDF, 13MB)
South West Map(PDF, 1MB)
South East Map(PDF, 5MB)
Central West Map(PDF, 5MB)
Central East Map(PDF, 4MB)
Artists impressions of key features:
Water front view 1(PDF, 2MB)
Water front view 2(PDF, 2MB)
Firebrace St River Connection(PDF, 3MB)
How to get involved
At its 24 June Meeting Council resolved to exhibit and invite wider community comment on the draft City to River Masterplan.
The Draft Masterplan and supporting documents are currently on public exhibition period until 30 August 2019.
During this period, there will be a visual display at the Council Offices, 19 Roberts Avenue, Horsham, open from 8.30am to 5pm daily.
HRCC is seeking community responses to the Draft Masterplan.
Help us identify elements that are strongly supported, projects that people don't like, any additional project ideas and areas requiring further engagement.
If you represent a sporting or service club then a member of the project team can come to your organisation's meeting and discuss the project with your members. If you'd like to take up this opportunity please complete the expression of interest form.
Ways to have your say
Complete the online feedback form or a paper feedback form available from Council's Customer Service or the Reception Room.
Online feedback form
Attend one of the Community Information Sessions to be held in Council's Reception Room from 5.30pm to 6.30pm on:
- Monday 15 July COMPLETED
- Monday 29 July COMPLETED
Informal sessions presenting the objectives of the Draft Masterplan, the engagement process so far and explaining how to be involved in the feedback and review process. There will also be a light supper and the opportunity to ask questions one-on-one of the project team, as you review the ideas on display. If you are planning to attend please RSVP for catering purposes.
Progress to date
- Information gathering and literature review COMPLETED
- Existing situations analysis COMPLETED
- Targeted stakeholder and community consultation COMPLETED
- Property analysis COMPLETED
- Sporting community sporting facilities demand analysis COMPLETED
- Background Report completed COMPLETED
- Draft City to River Concept Masterplan DEVELOPED AND RELEASED FOR PUBLIC EXHIBITION
What comes next?
Following consultation period all feedback will be considered. Based on what we hear from the community Council will decide what changes to make. An Action and Implementation Plan will detail priorities, provide time frames, estimated costs and potential funding avenues.
Essential Further Engagement
- Further engagement will be required with Barengi Gadjin Land Council in detailed planning for the riverfront precinct
- Existing public land users impacted as part of site transition will be directly consulted by Council.
- Further engagement with property owners to gauge interest and further planning for redevelopment areas