Horsham South Structure Plan
It is anticipated that Horsham South area will undergo change over the coming decades.
The Structure Plan will identify a future vision for the area that captures the community’s objectives and aspirations. It will also provide a broader assessment of opportunities and issues that will need to be considered for the period beyond the 20-year horizon.
The plan provides the foundation for the pursuit of more detailed statutory planning provisions, amendments to the Planning Scheme as well as design and development initiatives, for specific areas and activities in Horsham South.
It will also guide Council policies, programs and initiatives relating to community, economic, social, environmental, and physical initiatives.
The Structure Plan acknowledges the extent of work that the Horsham community has already undertaken in identifying our future aspirations. It aims to build upon this work and contribute to the implementation of community objectives by creating an effective, integrated and coordinated vehicle through which to pursue them.
How to get involved
Phase 1: Gather
Project kicks off with a literature review of background research, reports and data. Technical reports are prepared.
A technical working group and Councillors workshop issues and draft vision and design principles.
July- August 2019
A draft Issues and Opportunities Report is prepared and reviewed by the Project Control Group.
Phase 2: Test
Material is prepared for round one of the community engagement phase.
The wider community is invited to be involved in setting the vision and direction for Horsham South.
Phase 3: Engagement on development scenario
- All submissions are reviewed, assessed and summarised
- Council consider all written feedback including issues and suggestions
- Council decide on any modifications in response to community feedback.
December 2019 - March 2020
- Community consultation on development scenario
- A preferred development scenario is identified.
- Council will make a decision on Issues and Opportunities Report, including design principals and development scenarios.
- Council will decide final development scenario
Phase 4: Prepare Structure Plan
Council will start detailed structure planning.