Horsham Urban Transport Plan
Draft Plan now open for public comment
How can the community participate?
Following extensive consultation with the community, Councillors, representatives from the agriculture, transport, cycling and business sectors, a series of draft transport-related strategies across six themes has been approved by Council for community feedback.
Download the draft Horsham Urban Transport Plan
Read the engagement report
A survey has been conducted and closed on Monday 9 December at 5pm.
If you have further questions please call Michael McCarthy 0437 670 044.
The aim of the Horsham Urban Transport Plan is to set directions and priorities for developing our transport system in urban Horsham in a way that supports the goals of our community, our economy and environment both now and in the future.
Council has identified six key objectives that will drive the project:
- A more active and vibrant CBD and river precinct
- Trucks which don’t originate or terminate in the CBD to be removed from the CBD and river precinct;
- More active transport
- More river crossings
- Linking highways to economic activities
- Preference for the use of existing road reserves for future development of the local and arterial roads
In addressing these objectives, the Plan will provide the following outcomes:
- identify key road network issues
- establish strategic directions for our transport system
- establish key priorities for network upgrades
- consider people movement needs, alongside place-related activities in Horsham’s urban area
- review and revise road hierarchy
- establish principles for street design
The project will run until December 2019