Horsham Urban Transport Plan
You are invited
To a Community Workshop to hear about community responses and to have input into the development of the Horsham Urban Transport Plan.
Thursday 22 August 2019 at the Municipal Offices, 18 Roberts Avenue Horsham
- Workshop 1 (2.30pm - 4.30pm) or
- Workshop 2 (5.30pm – 7.30pm)
Please pick one workshop to attend
Email us to register your interest to attend a community workshop.
The initial investigations and community workshops and survey have now been completed and the next phase of the project is to review community feedback and to shape the directions of the Transport Plan. Ideas based on the community feedback and other investigations will be tested at these next workshops.
The aim of the Horsham Urban Transport Plan is to set directions and priorities for developing our transport system in urban Horsham in a way that supports the goals of our community, our economy and environment both now and in the future.
Council has identified six key objectives that will drive the project:
- A more active and vibrant CBD and river precinct
- Trucks which don’t originate or terminate in the CBD to be removed from the CBD and river precinct;
- More active transport
- More river crossings
- Linking highways to economic activities
- Preference for the use of existing road reserves for future development of the local and arterial roads
In addressing these objectives, the Plan will provide the following outcomes:
- identify key road network issues
- establish strategic directions for our transport system
- establish key priorities for network upgrades
- consider people movement needs, alongside place-related activities in Horsham’s urban area
- review and revise road hierarchy
- establish principles for street design
The project will run until November 2019