Caravan Park Project
Horsham Rural City Council has been working with Southern Cross Parks for the past two years as part of the City or River Masterplan and the Riverfront Activation Project.
As part of this work which has begun this year, a new Masterplan for the Caravan Park has been developed which provides plans and prioritisation for infrastructure projects for the Caravan Park.
The Destination Horsham – Stay, Play the Wimmera River Way project will re-align the boundary of the caravan park to free-up 1027m2 for construction of a Restaurant/Café, a centre piece to the riverfront gateway entrance.
Key project components include:
- Boundary realignment including permit fees
- Irrigation works including removal of tanks and pump house to support boundary realignment
- Construction of new fencing to define caravan park boundaries and blend with riverfront activation project
- Demolition of former office and residence and disconnection of services
- Construction of Manager’s Residence
- Construction of Reception/office and relief caretaker accommodation
- Made good 1027m2 site ready for future developments (including tree removal).