Council at its meeting on 4 December 2017 received the Wimmera Sports Stadium Business Case and Concept Design Report(PDF, 10MB).
A hard copy is available to view in Council's reception area. Copies have also been placed at Horsham Community Sports Pavilion, Dudley Cornell Park, Horsham Aquatic Centre, Horsham Library and Wimmera Sports Assembly.
There is also a Wimmera Sports Stadium Facebook page that provides further information on a regular basis.
The Wimmera Sports Stadium will serve as a regional facility that will support and foster increased participation in sport and recreation and community activities into the future.
The Wimmera Sports Stadium shall:
- Support increased participation in sport and recreation, physical activity and regional events
- Be inclusive and accessible
- Be sustainable
- Be compliant
- Be modern and visually attractive
- Reflect the character of Horsham and the region
- 4 x multi-use indoor sports courts, including a show court
- 6 x squash courts
- 5 x outdoor netball courts
- fixed indoor spectator seating for 400
- space for further temporary indoor tiered seating
- support facilities - player amenities and cafe
- large meeting room / function space
- 2 x consulting suites - available to allied sports and other services
- shared office space for local sporting clubs and associations