DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Horsham Rural City Council as the declared waterway manager for the waters of the Wimmera River within the boundaries of Horsham Rural City, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Natimuk Lake Water Ski Club, persons and vessels involved in the Pre-Nationals Training Event are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
- Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
- Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge.
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 69.1 of Schedule 69 – 5 knot speed restriction zone on the Wimmera River;
- Clause 69.3 of Schedule 69 – no wash zone on the Wimmera River.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from items 1 to 5 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- Masters of tow vessels are only exempt from items 3 to 5 when competing in the events.
- All participants involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times.
- Should vessels or persons not involved in the events enter the exclusion zone area, the events must be stopped until the unauthorised vessel or person moves outside of the zone.
These exemptions apply between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 March 2020 to the persons and vessels participating in a Pre-Nationals Training Event practice sessions and water skiing displays on the Wimmera River at Horsham within the exclusion zone waters, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF HORSHAM RURAL CITY COUNCIL