Nominations are invited from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to participate on the Aboriginal Advisory Committee. There is currently a community representative vacancy on this committee.
The selection criteria for community representatives are those that:
- Live, work, study in, or have a current connection to Horsham Rural City
- Have an understanding of the issues that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and relations with government and non-government institutions in Australia
- Have a commitment to social justice and willingness to engage in dialogue on reconciliation
- Have strong community linkages with the ability to represent and engage with a broad-range of community views
- Are willing to constructively participate in an advisory capacity.
The ability to attend bi-monthly meetings is essential to being a member of the committee.
An information pack and nomination form are available by contacting Kathy Newton on 5382 9712 or email.
Nominations close 5pm on Friday 24 July 2020.