Draft Policy and Draft Strategy 2019-2023
Council, at its meeting on 25 March 2019 resolved two changes to its Draft Rating Strategy and Policy that was previously circulated for community comments.
The changes will impact materially on the way the rates contributions are shared across the ratepayer sectors.
The proposed changes are outlined in this discussion paper(PDF, 598KB).
- The municipal charge be changed from $200 to $280 and then be gradually reduced over time
- The trigger for the review of the differentials be reduced from a 5 per cent change in property valuations to 3.5 per cent.
Making a submission
Ratepayers who have read and understand changes to the Draft Rating Policy(PDF, 479KB) and Draft Rating Strategy(PDF, 792KB) proposed at the 25 March 2019 Ordinary Meeting are encouraged to make a submission in one of the following ways:
- Submit an online feedback form
- Complete a paper copy of the form available at the Civic Centre
- Lodge a written response and submit via the post, in person at the Civic Centre or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions have now closed.
For further information or discussion please contact email@example.com