City to River Riverfront Activation
The Wimmera Riverfront Precinct Project (Stage 1) project will focus on the Riverfront precinct from Wotonga Drive to East of the Western Highway bridge
This project will see the following work undertaken:
- Detailed concept design for the Riverfront Activation (Stage 1) including, new community meeting place, water play space, boardwalks, outdoor seating, shade, landscaping, lighting, signage and interpretation and café site identification
- Schematic design, detailed design and tender documentation for riverfront activation stage 1 works
- Construction of riverfront activation (stage 1).
Online Information Session
An online community information session was hosted by the Community Reference Group on 14 May.
Watch the replay
Download summary of questions and answers(PDF, 249KB)
Community Reference Group
A Community Reference Group (CRG) has been formed to work with Council to develop the detailed concept design for the riverfront. The CRG includes representatives of key stakeholder groups as well three community representatives.
Members of the CRG are:
- Bob Redden
- Andrew Sostheim
- Phil Lohrey
- John Gorton, Aboriginal Advisory Committee
- Michael Stewart, Barengi Gadjin Land Council
- Steve Parish, Angling Club
- Sue Jones/Glenn Coffey, Horsham Caravan Park
- Ray White, Rowing Club
- Di Bell, Horsham Rural Ratepayers & Residents
- Zach Currie, Youth Council
- Gary Aitken, Wimmera River Improvement Committee
- Kevin O’Brien, Director Community Wellbeing
- Carolyn Hamdorf, Manager Arts, Culture & Recreation
- Sue Newall, City to River -Riverfront Precinct- Project Manager
- Mandy Kirsopp - Coordinator Recreation & Open Space
The CRG had its first meeting on 21 April 2020 and a follow-up on 23 April 2020 to initiate the first phase of engagement for the riverfront project.
Work undertaken by the CRG group in the first two meetings has included:
- An introduction for the group members
- An overview of the riverfront project
- A review of comments on the riverfront extracted from the City to River engagement in 2019
- Development of a Community Engagement Plan to be further reviewed and endorsed
- Introduction to the project design team
- Discussion on the format for a public webinar to provide information as part of the first phase of engagement
- Nomination process for electing the CRG Chairperson
The CRG plans to meet again in early May.
For more information contact Kevin O'Brien, Director Community Wellbeing on 53829743.
Fact Sheet - 13 March 2020(PDF, 433KB)