City to River Riverfront Activation
The City to River Riverfront Activation (Stage 1) project will focus on the Riverfront precinct from Wotonga Drive to East of the Western Highway bridge
This project will see the following work undertaken:
- Detailed concept design for the Riverfront Activation (Stage 1) including, new community meeting place, water play space, boardwalks, outdoor seating, shade, landscaping, lighting, signage and interpretation and café site identification.
- Schematic design, detailed design and tender documentation for riverfront activation stage 1 works.
- Construction of riverfront activation (stage 1)
Detailed Concept Design Phase
A Community Reference Group will be formed to work with Council to develop the detailed concept design for the riverfront. The Community Reference Group will include representatives of key stakeholder groups as well three community representatives. We are seeking participants across a broad range of ages, cultures and abilities. Applicants must live in the Horsham Rural City municipality, have strong community links and the ability to represent and engage with a broad range of our community.
The selection criteria for community representatives are those that:
- Represent diverse community interests outside groups already represented on the Community Reference Group.
- Live in Horsham Rural City municipality.
- Have strong community links and the ability to represent and engage with a broad-range of community.
- Are willing to constructively participate in an advisory capacity and reach consensus.
Applications for the Community Reference Group are now closed.
Details of group membership will be finalised by the end of March 2020
Project contact Kevin O'Brien Director Community Wellbeing on 53829743
Fact Sheet - 13 March 2020(PDF, 433KB)