Travel Exemption to Prepare Your Property for Summer Season

If you live in metropolitan Melbourne but have property in our municipality you need to prepare for the flood and fire season, you will need to apply to travel to the Shire for the sole purpose of preparing your property.

Please fill in the form below to apply for access. Please note the information provided may be shared with Victoria Police and other agencies as required under the current restrictions. If accepted, you will be provided with a letter allowing you to travel to the property stated for the sole reason indicated in the form below.

Our officers are prioritising these exemptions and will process these forms as quickly as possible – we aim to have letters to applicants within two business days of receipt of the form.

Please note that while you are in the Horsham Rural City Council, Second Step restrictions will still apply to you within the Shire. For more information on these metropolitan Melbourne restrictions, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website

Please visit for more information about what you can and cannot do with regards to visiting your property in regional Victoria at this time.