Horsham Rural City Council is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation and making preparations for the potential challenges ahead.
We are encouraging people to stay informed about health matters directly with Victoria's leading agency DHHS.
Services and events closed, cancelled or postponed
Services and events restricted or impacted
- All Maternal and Child Health appointments will now be offered via telephone, FaceTime or Zoom. Please wait for your nurse to contact you. Do not attend the centre
- The Wimmera Business Centre is closed to the public. Staff and most tenants are working from home and the WBC be contacted on 0423579533
- Immunisation services will continue. However people need to book before attending a session and note new procedures. More info
- Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange is as a critical service to help ensure food security. To ensure that sales can continue, Council needs to limit the attendance by non-essential people at the site. Access during the sale will be restricted to agents, buyers, transport operators, Council and its staff. The general public will not be able to attend, even if they are sellers at the sale.We are conscious that many regular attendees are in an age bracket that is potentially more vulnerable to the virus, and are taking this measure as a means of ensuring continuity of the sales
- The Operations Depot in Selkirk Drive continues to be fully operational. However the public is no longer permitted to enter.
Services and events unchanged
- Waste collection services to continue as scheduled
- Home Support Services are operating as normal
- Meals on Wheels will continue to provide client meals with delivery by Council staff
- All Transfer Stations and the Dooen Landfill are operating as normal (the Tip Shop at the Kenny Road Transfer Station is closed)
If you are currently living in mandatory isolation and need help please call the dedicated Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
Please Note: Mandatory isolation is defined by the DHHS Self-Assessment Tool.
If you are isolating yourself for any other reason, are vulnerable and lacking supports, local Wimmera agencies may be able to help.
Please telephone the Call for Help hotline, 1800 195 114 or send an email.
If you are a business owner and require information, please refer to our HRCC Business Support page or the Business Victoria website.
For information regarding health questions please contact the DHHS Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the Coronavirus website
For local information, please contact Council on 5382 9777.