We are encouraging people to stay informed about health matters directly with Victoria's COVID-19 lead agency DHHS. This is where the most up to date information can be found including the current social restrictions.
If you are a business owner and require information, please refer to our HRCC Business Support page or the Business Victoria website.
Council facilities and services updates
- The Civic Centre and its customer service desk is open. Call 5382 9777 for customer service
- Home Support Services are operating as normal
- The Horsham Regional Art Gallery is open with some restrictions, the gallery is presenting online exhibitions and other activities via their website: Horsham Regional Art Gallery
- Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange is a critical service to help ensure food security. To ensure that sales can continue, Council needs to limit the attendance by non-essential people at the site. Access during the sale will be restricted to agents, buyers, transport operators, Council and its staff. The general public will not be able to attend, even if they are sellers at the sale. We are conscious that many regular attendees are in an age bracket that is potentially more vulnerable to the virus, and are taking this measure as a means of ensuring continuity of the sales
- Horsham Town Hall is open for public access between the hours of 10am and 4pm, 7 days (except Christmas day)
- Tourist information is available at the Visitor Information Hub operating at Horsham Town Hall, open 7 days from 10am to 4pm (except Christmas day).
- Kalkee Road Children's and Community HUB MCH services are all face to face (no phone consults). Families need to present to the HUB for their appointments. The new parent group and play group are now running face to face (with numbers limited due to COVID safe requirements).
- Horsham Library is open with some restrictions, Wimmera Regional Library Corporation website COVID update
- Maternal and child health appointments services are now all face to face (no phone consults). Families need to present to the hub for their appointments. New parent group and playgroup face-to-face meetings are also running
- Meals on Wheels will continue to provide client meals
- The Operations Depot in Selkirk Drive continues to be fully operational. However the public is no longer permitted to enter.
- Seniors Citizens Centres and programs in Horsham and Natimuk are closed until further notice
- All Transfer Stations and the Dooen Landfill are operating as normal
- The Wimmera Business Centre is closed to the public. Staff and most tenants are working from home and the WBC be contacted on 0423579533
- Waste collection services to continue as scheduled
Exercise and sporting activity on municipal land
- Contact sport can resume both indoors and outdoors for both adults and children. Indoor sport is limited to 20 or the minimum number of people required to play the sport if greater than 20. Outdoor sport limited to groups of 50 people.
Playgrounds, skate parks, public barbecues and outdoor exercise equipment are open
Drinking fountains remain closed
- Sports clubrooms and community halls can open with restrictions
Further local information is available in Council's Recreation & Open Spaces Newsletter
Further information is available on the DHHS website: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise-victoria-last-step
If you are currently living in mandatory isolation and need help please call the dedicated Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
Please Note: Mandatory isolation is defined by the DHHS Self-Assessment Tool.
If you are isolating yourself for any other reason, are vulnerable and lacking supports, local Wimmera agencies may be able to help.
Please telephone the Call for Help hotline, 1800 195 114.
For information regarding health questions please contact the DHHS Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the DHHS Coronavirus website.