Enter your address below to find your collection days
NOTE: On Christmas Day and Good Friday your bin needs to be out before 6am on the business day prior to your normal collection day. All other collection services over the Christmas break and Easter break remain the same as normal.
Council will be conducting a kerbside collection survey in the next few weeks. A total of 100 bins will be randomly selected across the municipality, visually inspected prior to being picked up, collected material will then be taken to a transfer station for sorting.
Kerbside services, both recycling and garbage, will be surveyed, the results assisting council with ongoing planning and review of effectiveness of the service.
If you have any question regarding the survey, please contact the Waste and Sustainability Team on 5382 9777.
You can also view these schedules using Council's Community Map.
- The bin may be used for small "handyman" and gardens wastes, as well as normal household and kitchen wastes; however, it should not be overloaded or used for disposal of recyclables
- Bin lid must be closed
- Wrap in paper all waste which decomposes, or place it in tied plastic bags
- DO NOT overload the bin. It will be difficult for it to move or lift. Overloaded bins WILL NOT be cleared (50kg max). Bricks, masonary, soil, dirt or steel MUST NOT be placed in bin. Bins containing this waste will not be cleared
- DO NOT compress the rubbish or prevent the closure of the fly proof lid. If rubbish is compressed it will not clear in the collection hopper
- DO NOT place hot liquids or ashes, solvents, paint oil or any other flammable or aggressive chemicals in bin. Liquids or offensive materials or chemical drums must not be disposed of by this service.
Correct Bin Placement Video
To ensure your bins are emptied correctly you need to:
- Keep a minimum of 50 cm clear between bins
- Keep bins 1 metre from any obstacle such as parked cars, letter boxes, power poles and street trees
- Place bins on the kerbside the night before or before 6:00 am on collection day
- Place each bin in the right direction, that is, handle towards the house
- Be sure your waste is not packed too tightly and keep your bin's weight under 50kg
- Don't overfill your bin. Make sure the bin lid can close
- Place the right materials in the right bins
- Make sure your bins are placed close to the kerb line on the nature strip
Receiving your bin
Council will distribute a standard 240 litre bin to each property that has requesting a service on approved Rural and Urban collection routes.
An alternate 120 litre bin is available on request.
The charge for bin collection is set by Council based on the clearance of one bin per week. If additional bins are required, these will be charged at the same rate.
- Each bin has a serial number, this number is recorded against your property to enable tracing in the event of theft or loss
- The bin is not transferable and must remain at the property in the event of you moving or relocating to another address
- Please refrain from numbering or defecting the bin (if you find it necessary, a small identification sticker could be placed inside the lid)
- In the event of loss, damage, theft, defect or any concerns with the service, please contact the council on 5382 9777 or fill in this form. Please note that charges will apply if the bin is deliberately damaged or stolen unless satisfactory explanation is given by the ratepayer
- The bin remains the property of council, minor maintenance can be carried out on request
- The bin should be stored in a shady area in your property, on a flat surface and should be kept clean
- Please return the bin to your property after collection as soon as possible. Bins should be left on the nature-strip or road shoulder, near your driveway for collection purposes only
- Deliberate damage or theft in bins may result in Council not re-issuing units to particular premises and discontinuing the service or taking legal action
- Regular washing of your bin will keep it fresh and it is recommended especially during the warmer periods
If you have built a new premises and require a garbage and recycling service for your property, you are entitled to one garbage bin (either 120 L or 240 L) and one recycling bin (240 L).
Please contact us on (03) 5382 9777 or fill in request form below to arrange delivery.
Residents are entitled to more than one service at each property. Please contact us on (03) 5382 9777 or fill in request form below to arrange delivery.
Additional garbage bins incur a fee and are based on the type and number of additional bins you require. Additional recycling bins are at no cost.
Residents are entitled to either upsize their bin from a 120L bin to a 240L bin or downsize their bin from a 240L to a 120L bin once a year.
Either a reduction of rates, or increase in rates will occur, depending on which option you choose at a prorata rate. Please contact us on (03) 5382 9777 or fill in request form below.
If you have an existing bin that is damaged please contact us on (03) 5382 9777 or fill in request form below and we will investigate.
Bin repairs such as fixing damaged lids, hinges, wheels and axles are free of charge. Replacing damaged bins will be charged at the discretion of the Council officer inspecting your case.
If your bin is stolen please contact us on (03) 5382 9777 or fill in request form below and we will investigate.
Replacing stolen bins can however, incur a fee.