Have you ever asked yourself the question...."Can I recycle this?"
We all need to reduce, reuse, recycle and buy recycled, to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
Sustainability Victoria has some excellent guides on general recycling, household waste, furniture and household items and food and garden waste to make your household recycling easier to understand.
Get it right on bin night is a great website to to visit to download resources, check what is recyclable in the different rooms in your house and what happens to your recycling after it has been put into the bin. Get it Right on Bin Night is a campaign that aims to increase household recycling rates across Victoria.
- Nappies (empty and wrapped)
- Food scraps
- Other plastics such as plastic bags and plastic plant pots
- Wrapped broken glass, mirrors, pyrex and lamps.
- Green waste
- Hot ashes
- Chemicals or solvents
- Unwrapped vacuum dust, ashes, sawdust, or other like substance
- Medical waste
- Excess packaging, plastic or polystyrene
- Fluorescent tubes and CFL's
- Timber or building materials (bricks, steel or concrete)
- Sewage or other matter which could cause injury or danger to any person
- Solid, liquid or other material likely to damage the receptacle or waste collection vehicle