Amend a Planning Permit
Various reasons may arise where the applicant may need to request an amendment to their Planning Permit. An application form to amend a Planning Permit(PDF, 1MB) must be lodged with the relevant Statutory Planner at Council for assessment.
Documentation required to amend a Planning Permit:
- Ensure that the application to amend a Planning Permit form(PDF, 1MB) is completed with accurate and legible details
- Ensure any amended plans are attached
- Provide a current copy of the title (less than 3 months old)
- Covering documentation providing a detailed outline for the amendment
- Payment of amendment fee
Request a time extension
Your planning permit will state the time frames that any development/use must be started and completed. If you need more time you can request an extension.
Extension of Time Form(DOC, 178KB)
Secondary Consent Amendment
A Secondary Consent Amendment is often the most suitable way of assessing minor modifications required to endorse plans.
Under normal circumstances, Planning Permits contain the condition:
The development as shown on the endorsed plan must not be altered or modified without the prior written consent of the Responsible Authority.
Your Planning Permit must contain the above condition, then you will be able to apply for an amendment under Secondary Consent.
In addition to the above, there are other issues that should be taken into consideration when submitting an application for Secondary Consent Amendment(PDF, 74KB).
There is no provision for notification or advertising of your amendment under Secondary Consent provisions. If it is considered that the proposed amendment to your plans would result in any amenity impacts, you will be required to apply for an amendment under Section 72 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (the Act):
- You cannot alter or delete any condition or pre-amble of a Planning Permit under Secondary Consent provisions
- The proposal does not result in a transformation of the proposal
- It does not authorise something for which primary consent is required under the planning scheme
- It is of no consequence having regard to the purpose of the planning control under which the permit was granted
- It is not contrary to a specific requirement (or condition of the permit) as distinct from an authorisation within the permit, which itself cannot be altered by consent
If your proposed modification does not meet any of the above requirements, you will be required to apply for an Application to Amend a Planning Permit pursuant to Section 72 of the Act.
How do I apply for a Secondary Consent Amendment?
When making an application for an amendment under Secondary Consent provisions, the following information is required:
- Fully Completed Secondary Consent application form(PDF, 74KB) including all proposed amendments (an additional covering letter may be added if required)
- Relevant Fee
- 1 full set of plans (at a scale of 1:100 or 1:200) with the proposed amendments clearly highlighted
- 1 full set of A3 plans with the proposed amendments clearly highlighted
- An electronic version of all plans, in PDF form
- A full copy of Certificate of Title including any restrictions and plan of subdivision (less than 3 months old) for the subject site
Please contact Council’s Town Planning Department on 53829798 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your request in further detail.