Council has a program of routine and response maintenance to ensure the road infrastructure is kept in reasonable condition providing a safe level of comfort for the users.
- Pothole and edge repair patching of damaged sealed surfaces, and filling of potholes on gravel roads
- Unsealed road and gravel shoulders grading and six monthly inspections
- Repairs to broken up road surfaces and seal edges
- Resurfacing of roads and car parks surfaces listing in the annual resurfacing program
- Repair of damaged or faded signs and other road furniture including guard rails
- Repairs to footpaths, kerbs and channel and damaged nature strips
- Collection of roadside litter, and the cleaning of rubbish bins in parks and reserves
- Line marking maintenance and renewal when found, or reported to be in poor condition
- Cleaning of blocked underground drains and pits
- Repairs to car park furniture
- Repairs to drainage pits, underground drains, major culverts and bridges
Any requests for maintenance work on the road system, enquiries regarding maintenance works and program, or to report damage to Council signs and Council roads please fill out this form or call Council on (03) 5382 9777.
Projects and associated works that are underway by HRCC Staff and Contractors in Public areas from Friday 18 May 2018. Please note these works may change, subject to weather conditions.
- Footpath Repairs - multiple locations, short term works - Signage in place
- Road Pothole repairs – multiple locations, short term works – Signage in place
- Harders Street Road widening – Part of Southbank Stage 1
- Drainage works various locations
- Landy Street Reconstruction (Olympic to Jackson St)
- Kalimina Avenue Reconstruction – Natimuk Road to Tena Avenue
- Kooyong Street Reconstruction – Derimal Street 180m North
- Bradman Street Reconstruction
Parks and Gardens:
- Lewis Street naturestrip seeding
- Powerline Clearing
- City Centre Mulching
- Remove Hazard Trees- S.E.S
- Police Paddock Water Diversion planning
- Tables Inserted Riverfront
- Park Drive Water pipe relocation
- Rural Roads trimming quotes
- Community Garden Works
- Playground Equipment Installation
The following are Horsham subdivisional streets that are being constructed by private developers, and in the near future will become publically accessible –
- Southbank – Stage 11 continuation of McLean Drive and Seater Close.
- The Wimmera Walk subdivision – building the streets of Hamilton and MacBain Streets.
- DeCastella Estate(Sunnybrae Stage 10)
- Colonial Water - Stage 4 – Plozzas Road Lots