Section 135 of the Local Government Act 2020 requires the Chief Executive Officer to prepare a summary of the personal interests information disclosed in the last personal interests return lodged with the Chief Executive Officer, and to publish on Council’s website and make it available for inspection at the Council offices.
Specified Persons include Councillors, Member of Delegated Committees, the Chief Executive Officer and Nominated Officers.
The summary must include:
- Name of the Specified Person
- Position of the Specified Person
- Date the Return was submitted
- All information disclosed in the Return excluding:
- Monetary value or amount of income, shares, any beneficial interests other than shares or income, or any debt
- The street address and number of any land owner by the specified person, or in which the specified person has a beneficial interest, if the land is the principle place of residence of any person
An Initial Return is required to be submitted within 30 days of commencement in a role. Biannual Returns are required to be submitted in March and September of each year.
The matters to be disclosed in Personal Interests Returns are prescribed by the Local Government (Governance and Integrity Regulations) 2020.
The summary of Initial Returns submitted between October – December 2020 is available below.
Summary of Initial Personal Interests Returns(PDF, 548KB)