Heavy Vehicles

Heavy vehicle.jpg
Overdimension Overmass and Special Vehicles B Doubles and Performance Based Standards Vehicle Access on Local Roads

Vehicles carrying oversize or overmass loads, B Doubles, Performance Based Standard Vehicles and other specialised heavy vehicles require approval to travel on Horsham Rural City Council's local road network.

To apply for access, Council's local roads transport operators are advised to contact the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator. Please find link below.  

Additional Information

Transport operators whose vehicles are identified as traveling "off route" are subject to significant penalties and Council may seek to recover damages under the Road Management Act,Section 112.

Details on heavy vehicle categories and required permits can be found on the National Heavy Vehicle Regulators website at www.nhvr.gov.au.

Local Roads deemed unsuitable for Heavy Vehicles access can be found on the VicRoads website, please visit https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/business-and-industry/heavy-vehicle-industry/heavy-vehicle-map-networks-in-victoria