Council's Environmental Health Officer investigates a variety of complaints from members of the public.

The types of issues the Environmental Health Officer can investigate are:

  • Noise
  • Odour
  • Pests
  • Asbestos
  • Tobacco sales and smoking related complaints
  • Environmental contamination
  • Food handling or food poisoning
  • Other significant risks to Public Health

The Environmental Health Officer can only investigate complaints that are or are liable to be a public health risk or where there is non-compliance with legislation.

How Can I Request an Investigation?

Preferably, members of the community wishing to make a complaint should do so in writing. This will assist Council in comprehensively responding to your complaint.

Council will also accept and respond to complaints lodged via Council's customer request system, in person at the Council offices during normal working hours or telephone 5382 9777. Please note that Council cannot deal with complaints if made anonymously.

To assist Council please provide details of:

  • relevant dates and times
  • a description of the incident or problem
  • any conversations and meetings you have had with involved parties
  • copies of relevant letters
  • an outline of the actions you would like taken in response to your complaint
  • any further information you think important

How will I be treated if I request an investigation?

At all times Council staff will treat you with respect and in a professional manner. We aim to assist you with your complaint within the relevant legislation.

This may mean that due to the nature of the complaint that there is little that Council can do, however we will provide you with as much information and assistance as possible.

Please recognise that an immediate response to complaints may not be possible, but we will aim to investigate your complaint as soon as possible. This may require further detail or information from you to assist us in our investigation.

Please Contact Council on 03 5382 9777 if you wish to lodge a complaint regarding the above issues or register your complaint through Council's customer request system.