Food Business Registration

Due to legislation, Council's Environmental Health Officer must inspect a food premises upon opening and when transferring ownership.

Please contact Council's Environmental Health Officer if you wish to open a new food business.

If you are purchasing an existing food business, Council will require a written request for a transfer inspection from the purchasing solicitor. Once an inspection has been completed a report will be sent through with the Transfer of Registration form.

Single Food Permits

If you only conduct food handling activities once or twice a year within Horsham Rural City Council you can obtain a single event permit. This permit applies to Class 2 and 3 activities only.

A single event notification is required for Class 4 food handling activities and can be submitted via the Foodtrader website.

Download a permit form and return it to Council to apply for a single event permit.

Class 2-3 Single food permit form

Fees(PDF, 89KB) apply for registration of a Class 1, 2 or 3 food business and community groups.