Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange
The Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange has been operating at the Burnt Creek Industrial Estate since November 1999. It is an important part of the local economy and one of regional Victoria's main livestock selling centres.
The Exchange is Victoria's fourth-largest sheep and lamb market and is the major livestock selling centre in the Wimmera, attracting vendors from as far afield as the South Australian border and southern-New South Wales.
The Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange is accredited as part of the National Livestock Quality Assurance (NSQA) program. Horsham has committed to a quality approach in the provision of service for the marketing of livestock. All stakeholders of the Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange are committed to the implementation of operation and management practices in accordance with standards set by the NSQA program.
End of Year Arrangements
Last Market for 2019 will be Wednesday 11 December
First Market for 2020 will be Wednesday 15 January
Horsham Stock Agents Association would like to thank everyone for their support and involvement during 2019 with the weekly sheep markets and annual store sale. This year’s milestones were the 20th birthday of the Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange this month, and the planning of the saleyard roof project, which will be commencing construction in the New Year.
We wish all of our agency staff, clients, buyers, livestock carriers and HRLE staff all the best for Christmas and the New Year.
Weekly Livestock Market Information
The MLA National Livestock Reporting Service provides weekly market reports.
- Sheep and Lambs: Every Wednesday commencing at 9.30am
- Cattle: Every second Wednesday, one hour after sheep sale (as required) - contact the Manager for further details
Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange 2018 Sheep Draw(PDF, 20KB)
Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange 2018 Cattle Draw(PDF, 13KB)
- Air conditioned canteen offering sit-down meals and refreshments on sale days
- Amenities Block with showers available 24 hours, accessed by Avdata key
- Avdata 2 bay truck wash, B-double size, available 24 hours
- Security patrol after hours
- Access for emergency unloading
- National Saleyard Quality Assurance Accredited
- Post-sale weighing cattle
- National Livestock Identification Services
- National Livestock Reporting Service
- Agistment available for sheep and lambs by arrangement, contact the Manager for further details
Paul Christopher, Onsite Manager
Postal: PO Box 511, Horsham 3402
Address: Burnt Creek Complex, Western Highway, Horsham 3402
Phone: 03 5382 1542
Mobile: 0407 314 050
Fax: 03 5382 3418