City Oval and Sawyer Park Redevelopment
Council is planning for the future of the Wimmera River Precinct and Central Activity District.
The aim is to transform and revitalise the area to make it a more attractive place to live, work, visit and invest.
As a part of this, plans have been developed for the City Oval/Sawyer Park precinct. This will include how this area fits with adjacent precincts.
The City Oval and Sawyer Park concept plan was adopted at the November 2020 meeting. Horsham Rural City Council will now seek funding from state and federal governments to deliver the plan in stages. The detailed design is also being worked on with key stakeholders in the precinct.
The plans were released for public feedback in June and July, with 78 formal submissions made.
As result of the consultation, the location of the proposed playground was moved to be closer to the netball courts. Other changes made to the design was the inclusion of additional ambulance entrances and adjustments to the netball court specifications.
Previously, the idea of re-orientating the oval was been omitted due to a lack of support from key stakeholders.
Download Concept Plan(PDF, 7MB)
- November 2019: Overarching City to River Masterplan adopted
- November 2020: Community Reference Group established
- December 2020 to May 2021: Community Reference Group develops Concept Plans
- June 2021: Concept Plans released for feedback
- Late 2021: Concept Plans presented to Council and adopted
- 2022: Detailed designs prepared and seek external project funding