Community Reference Group announced for City Oval/Sawyer Park planning
Published on 13 January 2021
Horsham Demons Football Netball Club’s Jeff Both has been elected chairperson of the Community Reference Group (CRG) that will guide the City Oval/Sawyer Park precinct redevelopment project.
Mr Both and the 12-member CRG will be part of the process of testing existing ideas and developing previous community feedback into a detailed concept plan which will be available for comment later in 2021.
The City Oval/Sawyer Park precinct redevelopment project is one of seven included in the City to River Masterplan, and is the second to progress after the riverfront activation reached detailed planning stage in 2020.
More than 700 people made submissions about the overall City to River Masterplan during the 2019 engagement period with many ideas put forward about how the City Oval/Sawyer Park precinct could be updated to be more user friendly for everyone now and for generations to come.
One of the first tasks for the CRG is to gather information from precinct user groups and design a comprehensive engagement plan to ensure people have a chance to provide feedback and input at key stages.
The Horsham Demons are one of many sporting groups that call City Oval home. Mr Both was awarded life membership to the Club in 2017.
Mr Both said the committee’s overall goal was to achieve a result that was amicable to everybody.
“I’m committed to working with the other committee members to ensure we represent the community, and have excellent outcomes from this project,” he said.
“As has been found in the discussion about the wider City to River Masterplan, there is a lot of desire to improve facilities for the community.
“We have a great opportunity to discuss and be informed by the ideas that have been put forward during the process already,” he said.
The CRG’s next meeting will be a face-to-face meeting in early 2021.
Learn more about the City Oval Sawyer Park precinct redevelopment
- Jeff Both (Chairperson) – Horsham Demons
- Pam Clarke - Events Organiser Representative
- Pru Beltz – Horsham Brass Band
- Katrina Heard - Community Representative
- David McDonald - Wimmera Live Steam and Model Engineering Society
- Neville McIntyre - Horsham Rural Ratepayers and Residents
- Don Pirouet – Horsham RSL Sub Branch
- Rod Dumesny – Horsham Demons
- Chris Hopper – Horsham Cricket Association
- Simon Lynch – Horsham Pipe Band
- Bill Stamoudis - Community Representative
- Tony Caccaviello – Community Representative