Community Development Grants Program
The HRCC Community Development Grants Program allocates funding to enhance and support the many different not-for-profit community groups in the HRCC municipality.
Applications open for the 2023/2024 round are now closed.
Grant Workshops and Information sessions
This year Council hosted two Grants Workshops presented by Keith Whelan “The Grants Guy”.
Keith's presentation was recorded
The workshops focused on:
- What grant funding is available and how to apply for them?
- Grants Project Plan and Budget
- Grant writing Do’s and Don’ts
- Practical writing tips
Assessment of applications
Applications received by the closing date of 1 March 2023, will be assessed and successful grant applicants will be notified by email in early May 2023.
How to claim a successful grant allocation
Grants of less than $1,000 will be automatically paid to the grant recipient in October 2023.
Grants of $1,000 or more require a Completion Report with the following documentation attached and forwarded to Council:
- Substantiation of your group’s expenditure on the project in accordance with the grant application (for example, a copy of a supplier’s invoice to your organisation)
- An invoice from your organisation to Horsham Rural City Council requesting payment of the grant. Your organisation’s invoice should not include GST as the contribution is considered a donation under GST law
Please submit the Completion Report online here:
Paper copies are available from the Civic Centre, Roberts Avenue Horsham. A Word version is also available to download below.
If you have any queries regarding payment of your grant, please contact Karen Maybery, Coordinator General Accounting Unit, on 53829733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all donations must be claimed prior to 30 June 2023