Immunisation is one of the most cost effective public health interventions by which to maintain and protect the health of the population via the reduction, elimination and eradication of preventable communicable diseases. Immunisation protects not only the individual but the wider community from the spread of infection and disease by decreasing the number of vulnerable people in the population.
Horsham Rural City Council provides free Government funded vaccinations for infants, secondary school children and adults each month, in accordance with the National Immunisation Schedule.
- All sessions are appointment based.
- Please bring your child’s Child Health Learning and Development Record (green book) and your child’s Medicare card with you.
- Please reschedule if you or someone in your household is unwell.
- One Adult & one Child only may attend Immunisation Sessions.
Regular Immunisation Sessions now available for bookings
Thursday 7 January 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Friday 22 January 2021, 9:30am - 12pm
Thursday 4 February 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Friday 19 February 2021, 9:30am - 12pm
Thursday 4 March 2021, 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Friday 19 March 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Thursday 1 April 2021, 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Friday 16 April 2021, 9:30am - 12:30pm
For live updates on immunisation sessions you can keep an eye on the Horsham Maternal and Child Health Facebook page.
School immunisation sessions
- Council's Immunisation team attend secondary schools to deliver vaccinations to school aged children in years 7 and 10.
- Vaccinations provided to school aged children are Gardasil, Boostrix and Menactra.
- Information and consent cards are sent out through the individual colleges.
For more information on Secondary School immunisations visit the Department of Health ImmuneHero website.